Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Welcome To My Genius Project! (1)



Hey! This blog will be dedicated to the journey that I, Anthony Lee, will be taking on my mastery to Korean food. Currently, I would say that my cooking skill is around a 10/10. Here is an example of a fried egg that I made a couple weeks ago.


SIKE you thought I actually knew how to cook. Well, the problem is I don't. Not one bit. And the real problem is when my parents will leave in April for their 25th anniversary, leaving me alone with my older brother who also doesn't know how to cook. We both know how to use the microwave and make ramen noodles, but I'm not trying to get 50 health problems because I can't cook some simple, healthy meals.

That's why I've taken it upon myself to learn how to make 5 Korean meals, limiting myself to only one microwavable meal and one ramen for the week that my parents are gone.

Image result for i loveramen cartoon


Just so you know to expect from these blogs, here is a timeline that I set myself, listing all the foods I'll be making.

Week 1: Basic Kitchen Tools and Food Prep Skills
Week 2: Kimbap (seaweed rice roll)
Week 3: Ddukguk (rice cake soup)
Week 4: Kimchi Fried Rice
Week 5: Bibimbap (Spicy mixed rice)
Week 6: Galbi (beef short rib)
Week 7: TED TALK PRESENTATION


The Final Goal
Hopefully, by the end of this experience I will be able to cook for my family at least once a week because these are pretty common foods that we eat. I think the biggest goal, however, is to not burn the simplest of foods.





5 comments:

  1. Do you think there is any chance that you could bring in food for us to test during work days? I think it would be a cool way to test your cooking throughout the project while allowing the class to eat some (probably) great food. I think that learning how to cook is an essential skill in life (one that I still need to learn), so I look forward to seeing your cooking improve.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cole! It is a little bit hard to bring in Korean food because a lot of it has to be served hot, but I can try to bring in a food that you will seen later SO KEEP READING!

      Delete
  2. I like the fact that your project has a really practical application. It will be very interesting to see if someone can go from burning the simplest of things to creating works of art with little effort. Do you think like Cole said that there is any possibility that you can bring in food for us to eat?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Ethan! It will be possible, but it definitely will not be every week and it won't taste very good because it should usually be served hot.

      Delete
  3. So far, your project sounds very interesting! I think that it's a great idea to limit yourself when your parents leave, because I know I would probably fall back on old habits :) . The tone of your blog is also casual and interesting, which definitely caught my eye when I was looking through the different blogs. I liked the idea of taking a before pictures, so make sure to take several pictures of your progress. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete