As for the presentation itself, I felt it went pretty well. I wish this worth some more points because I was proud and confident of the work I put out. It's okay since maybe I'll start putting this much effort into assignments worth more points. I got a shot at McDaniels (but I don't honestly think he's useless) and fulfilled my dream of using Gordon Ramsay quote in a project. It felt appropriate considering my topic.
If I were to grade myself, I would give myself an A. I felt prepared and felt good presenting, but there were some things I could have done better. I forgot some of my script and I stuttered a little bit, so I think that would constitute at least a point or two off. Here's a potential rubric:
Visual Component: 4.5/5
Content: 14/15
Organization: 4.5/5
Delivery: 5/5
Total: 28/30
Although I made a couple friendly bets that I would get a perfect score, I don't really believe that's possible with how I did. If I hadn't made those small mistakes, I'm still not positive that I could have gotten perfect. That has to do with my content on the most part.
I'm not really sure if my theme came across the way I wanted it. I left out a couple parts of my script because I was slightly nervous, and after the presentation, all I could think about were how those lines could have added some substance to my message.
With the visual component and organization, my presentation was a little boring and dull. I also had A LOT of trouble coming up with transitions from the points I wanted to make, so most of my effort was actually during my outline.
I'm still happy with the result regardless. This is actually (most likely) the first A I've ever gotten on a gifted project! And although I hate to admit it, this is also the most effort/time I've given to a gifted project. Damn my work ethic.
Even if I did manage to screw this presentation up somehow and get a B, I think is still the most I've ever taken from a school assignment. The process of cooking has just opened my eyes to something that I used to take for granted so often. I plan to cook for my family once in a while now, and I might even continue to update this blog.
To all my readers, all six of you, thanks for following my blog. You will never be forgotten. As for my gifted block, if you're reading this, I might bring in some amazing Korean BBQ if I get the chance after spring break. Just a way to match up to Kate Suchodolski who is endlessly bringing in food and making me look bad.
FOR THE LAST TIME (AT LEAST FOR NOW),
Bye from Anthony Leeonardo da Vinci
I'll miss you!



Hey Anthony! It's great that you enjoyed this assignment so much, and I have to admit that your blog was one of my favorite ones to keep up with. I loved the tone, and the honest way that you updated us with your progress. Your talk was really funny and overall just really good, and I'd be surprised if you don't get an A. Can't wait for that Korean BBQ!
ReplyDeleteHi Anthony! This isn't one of my official blog comments, but I just wanted to say great job with your TED Talk. By the way, you'll never match up to me :) .
ReplyDelete